Monday, November 21, 2005

What happened to the weekend!?

Here I am back at work on Monday. I don't recall getting any rest whatsoever on the weekend.

Jenna's twelfth birthday was Thursday (Happy Birthday, Jennabug!) which was followed on Friday by a sleep-over party. There were five 11 to 12 year-old girls along with Lynn an me. Let me tell you, these girls can seriously eat! It's a good thing the one other girl who was invited couldn't come, or we would not have had enough food. (I'm glad they're not all boys.)

The girls were all gone by about 9:30 Saturday morning (after yours truly cooked breakfast) and we were on to our next task...Wal-Mart..on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We survived and returned home to prepare a dish to take to a get together for our Sunday School class.

Saturday night, we went to the Brannans' house for our SS Class party. We had a bonfire with barbecue and all the "fixins". We sat around the fire later, and roasted marshmallows and just talked and laughed. We had a great time, but we stayed too late.

Sunday, we went to church, the we left early to drive to Paris, or more accurately, Springville to my parents' house. We then got in their vehicle and rode to grandmother's house in Friendship, TN (Crockett County). Nearly all of my Mom's side of the family showed up there for a Thanksgiving/Birthday dinner. I guess the only ones not there were my cousin Rhonda and her husband; they live in the Gallatin/Hendersonville area, so it was a bit much for them to do in one day. Her daughter and grandaughter (8 months) were there and she was the life of the party. We left there and trekked back to Springville, rested for a bit and drove back to Charlotte. Lynn had to drive from Waverly on because I was just to sleepy. We got home at 10:45.

I thought there was supposed to be a day of rest somewhere during the weekend. Go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing. My parents live in Henry County too, Paris actually. Small world.

RCy0rk said...

They just moved there permanently this summer. They've owned a cabin (read "trailer") in the Springville area for several years. They bought a house last year and moved up there when Dad retired.